Tuesday, June 30, 2009

State Of The Blog Address

Well, you've come this far, and if you've come all this way, maybe you'll go a little further.

I've finally finished all 30 teams - when I set out, I had no idea I was going to spend this much time on this project, but here we are.

My plan for the next few days is mostly to sit and wait. I'm going to take a break tomorrow, I think, just drink in the entire day. July 2, I will look into the best non-tendered free agents, as there's sure to be some interesting items available. July 3, 4, 5, I will break down the Pronger and Gomez trades, as well as any potential Heatley trade that may occur in the next 2 hours. The rest of July will be devoted to breaking down the top 26 UFA contracts signed, by cost/year - it will likely start with Bouwmeester and go from there. August will be spent looking at the top 25 RFA contracts signed this summer - arbitration awards come down in mid-August, so hopefully there's grist for that mill then. September will look at other deals that may have slipped through the cracks - UFA, RFA, trades whatever.

I'm not sure about the format I'm going to use - perhaps I will work that out tomorrow as well. I hope to incorporate advanced statistics into it, but I'm not quite sure how I will do that as yet.

I hope everyone enjoys reading, and certainly feel free to comment on anything. Have a happy Free Agent Frenzy day.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the team writeups and I look forward to the in-depth discussion on the signings. Hope it doesn't take you as long.

    ReplyDelete